Oh, let me tell you about these cookies…
They are fabulously gooey, delicious and pretty healthy, made with only a few ingredients! I baked them yesterday and ate the whole batch in a day, they are like crack! I’m going to share the recipe in my newsletter going out next week so sign up here if you’d like it.
I’ve continued eating budget friendly meals and had another trip to Aldi for more groceries mid week. Speaking of which, there’s a great post over at A Thrifty Mrs all about the best stuff to get at Aldi, definitely check it out if you are thinking about shopping there. I made an amazing harissa spiced chickpea and veggie stew for a couple of lunches, which I ate topped with feta cheese and spinach:
All with veggies bought on the cheap! For dinner one evening I made James and I some stir fried veggies and a Chinese 5 spice pork chop:
Another Aldi purchase, these pork chops are outdoor reared and Freedom Food approved! Quick and easy meals have included omelettes with red onion and feta…
…and salads with tinned red salmon and olives:
I’ve been loving the smoothies as usual, this one was some lettuce that needed using up, blended with a frozen banana, peanut flour and unsweetened almond milk:
This one was delish! Frozen mango chunks and strawberries with vanilla protein powder and unsweetened almond milk:
Such a gorgeous colour! I also loved this breakfast I had yesterday:
Fresh strawberries, yoghurt, tahini and raw honey!
Workouts this week…
- Weekend – rest
- Monday – Gym – 10 mins cross trainer // squats + chest press // 10 mins step machine // single leg deadlifts + lateral raises // 10 mins bike // shoulder presses, crunches, reverse curls
- Tuesday – I did this speedy yoga for belly fat You Tube video followed by 15 minutes of my own yoga (my hamstrings needed stretching out!) plus some hula hooping
- Wednesday – Gym – 10 mins cross trainer // lunges with bar, push ups // 10 mins step machine // deadlifts + rows // 10 mins on bike // pike crunches
- Thursday – rest
- Friday – Gym – 10 mins cross trainer // calf raises, bicep curls // 10 mins step machine // single leg squats, tricep dips // 10 mins on bike // sit ups on stability ball
Tomorrow I’m off to a very unusual yoga class – more on that on Sunday!
On the Love List this week…
Getting to grips with using the iMac // discovering Pocket for saving the web pages you want to read later // this bloody amazing Mason Jar Tumbler, it’s definitely on my birthday wish list (and thanks to Emma for sending me the link, she knows me so well!) // some new eBay purchases // this very powerful post on The Middle Finger Project about keeping it real // photos and videos of my best friends little girl growing up // chocolate and popcorn snackies // listening to Kate Bush // a great week of sessions with Uniquely Healthy clients
In case you missed it:
- A GIVEAWAY for the chance to win one of two fantastic Paleo cook books – it’s still open until tomorrow night so if you haven’t entered already take a look!
- Some bargain purchases from July
- A review of my July and some of the things I’m looking forward to this month