Hello everyone! As you are reading this I should be getting settled in at Kendal Calling! I’ve been spending the week getting ready for the festival experience. As I write this the weather forecast doesn’t look that great but we won’t be letting that dampen our spirits! Luckily the cold / flu type thing I’ve had is much much better, I do think that smoothie had a lot to do with it!
You can see what we got up to last year here!
This weeks workouts:
- Saturday – REST
- Sunday – Kettle bell class (plus 30 minutes relaxed cardio on the cross trainer and bike waiting for class to start)
- Monday – 60 minute level 1/2 Vinyasa Flow from Yogaglo
- Tuesday – Body Pump
- Wednesday – 60 minute level 2 Vinyasa Flow from Yogaglo
- Thursday – Gym – this strength and HIIT workout with increased weights on some exercises plus an extra 5 minutes on the rowing machine tagged on the end to cool down
- Friday – REST – unless you count setting up a tent and carrying stuff from the car to the campsite as a workout – FYI I DO!
As I said on Wednesday working out actually made me feel much better, however I did make sure that I did some lower intensity yoga too – I found that the focus on breathing helped immensely!
The good weather meant that I could bust out the maxi:
Fave Outfit of the Week: stripy vest top with cowl neck: Monsoon, via a very thoughtful gift from a new found friend :-), tan leather belt: Topshop, black maxi skirt: Primark, tan leather sandals: New Look
So this week has been a bit of an odd one with feeling poorly, although I have to say I haven’t been ill in months and well, these things happen to the best of us! Alongside plenty of magical smoothies my eats have been fairly typical:
Inspired by Liz’s trail mix salad, a salad with romaine, cucumber, red onion, spring onions, beetroot and some home mixed trail mix including brazil nuts, dried blueberries and mulberries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and roasted edamame.
Buddha bowl of quinoa, edamame, tahini miso dressing and parsley on steamed greens
Something not so typical for me was more eggs in the form of an omelette with red onion and vegan cheese:
I’m not gonna lie, this was goood!
On the Love List this week…