Hello everyone, hope you are well this lovely Friday! I know its still technically August but this morning it was freezing cold, its really starting to feel even more autumnal!
This weeks workouts:
- Saturday – 30 Day Shred Level 3, Davina Super Body Super Sculpt workout DVD, Yoga
- Sunday – Active REST 40 minute walk in the sunshine
- Monday – 5 min warm up on cross trainer, workout 1, 10 min HIIT on bike
- Tuesday – 20 minutes cardio on machines in gym, Body Pump class
- Wednesday – Hot Yoga at Yogalilies
- Thursday – REST
- Friday – 5 min warm up on cross trainer, workout 2, 10 min HIIT on bike
My hot yoga class was really good as always. This week we did a lot of back bends and I even managed an assisted wheel pose which I was chuffed about!
The highlight of my food week has to be the coconut oil roasted peaches and plums I made last Sunday. I had them as a dessert topped with full fat tinned coconut milk and they were incredible:
- 2 organic egg omelette filled with almond butter and clearspring sugar free strawberry jam
- Oven baked sweet potato with steamed broccoli and hummus
- Raw apple, avocado and basil soup inspired by Sonja
- Fully loaded green smoothie made with organic chard, frozen banana, Vanilla Life’s Basics Protein Powder, ice, omega oil, stevia, maca powder and water topped with blackberries, cacao nibs, bee pollen and dried mullberries (also inspired by Sonja)
- Raw carrot and raisin bread topped with tahini and banana (some of you were asking about the raw bread recipe, I loosely based it on Gena’s recipe)
- Persimmon, plums, peach and almond butter
On the Love List this week…
There’s a bit of a story to go with this necklace – a good few months ago I’d ordered a costume from eBay for my birthday party. It never arrived (blessing in disguise as I loved the vintage sailor outfit I ended up getting) so I complained but never got a response. I’d assumed that was the last of it but then on Saturday I received a package and inside was some of the most beautiful Indian costume jewellery I’ve ever seen – the company I’d ordered the costume from also sells this kind of stuff. This necklace is actually bang on trend and so my style. Love it! Also…
Taking a trip to the farm shop to stock up on organic fruit and veg and lots of free range eggs // working from home and being mega productive // clear skies at night and seeing the moon // exciting business meetings // these amazing images (please check this out if you need a smile) // raw cacao granola // picture text messages of my best friends 3 week old little girl melting my heart
This has been a bit of a bumper blog week, in case you missed any posts here’s a recap!
- Pay Day Groceries Haul
- Coconut Milk Pancakes Recipe
- Fig, Goats Cheese and Walnut Salad Recipe
- Fuelling and Refuelling – eating for exercise
- ECCO Shoes Fashion post
- My August review including favourites vlog!
I have to admit that despite the 4 day week this has been a bit of a stressful one for me with having so much going on and a couple of tight deadlines but its times like this that I’m glad I’m able to just stop and take a breath. I almost decided not to go to yoga on Wednesday night and work instead, but I’m very thankful I changed my mind. I needed that time to de stress and un wind. Onwards to the weekend!
How has your week been? What’s on your love list? Any big weekend plans?