Hello everyone, happy Friday! If you are in the UK I hope you aren’t being too affected by this snow! I don’t mind a little bit of snow at Christmas but other than that its just a pain in the arse, luckily I am working from home this morning then walking to a meeting this afternoon, I just hope I don’t slip on the ice ;-)
Well this week has just been non stop! I’m looking forward to this evening and the weekend for some time to take it easy. Workouts have been exactly the same as last week, only this morning I missed out my last 10 minutes of cardio on the bike because I had been talking to a friend in the gym. We had quite a long conversation about how I was feeling these days, she had been worried about me at my thinnest and was commenting on how much better I look now and that I’m more ‘smiley’. I thought that was lovely.
As I mentioned earlier in the week, I have been taking part in the Alpro #deskfest challenge which has been great fun! I’m going to share all the recipes in the next few days, but here is my deskfest from Tuesday:
The nutty topping is amazing – and pretty addictive so watch out! Here’s how I made it:
Sweet and Salty Nutty Topping (makes about 2 cups worth, vegan, gluten, grain and refined sugar free)
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
1/2 cup each of:
- pumpkin seeds
Pre heat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray with parchment paper or grease it well. Chop the nuts and seeds coarsely with either a knife or pulsing them in the food processor until they are smaller pieces. Add them to a bowl and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Spread out on to the baking tray and bake until golden brown (about 15 – 20 minutes) but keep a close eye on them and give them a stir every 10 minutes. Store in a glass jar and will keep for a couple of weeks…if you don’t eat it before then!
As well as tasty breakfasts I’ve had some lovely eats this week:
Mixed berry and chocolate protein smoothie topped with sweet and salty nutty topping, cheese and onion omelette with spinach, tofu salad with tahini sauce, beef burgers with avocado and kale chips, stir fried veggies with baked tofu and tahini
On the Love List this week…
Wrapping up warm in my new Whistles dress from the sales, chunky scarf (Dorothy Perkins) and black riding style boots (Dune). Also…
This great post on My Food and Fitness Diaries about hypothalamic amenorrhea – its a great round up of information and information sources for anyone dealing with the issue // group coaching calls for my IIN course and talking to other students from around the world // nuts – I’m nut crazy at the moment! My afternoon snacks have been a rotation of different nuts, pecans being my current fave // making plans for hosting a big Evernote event! // all of your amazing comments on this post
In case you missed it:
- I blogged over at Uniquely Healthy all about supplements and gave a brief list of what I believe to be a good place to start with supplementation
- I blogged over at The High Tea Cast about Getting Fit, Not Bored
- I talked about my battle to find a happy weight – as I said check out this post for some amazing comments!
- I also gave you my review of the Lumie Wake up and Go Alarm Clock
The winner of the Popchips giveaway is…
Still running are two fantastic giveaways:
- Get Fit, Feel Epic! Chance to win a fabulous Fit Bit Activity Tracker and a set of scales that measure BMI and Body Fat % – this is a really great competition, I’ve been hearing a lot from a contact in the US about how popular the Fit Bit Activity Tracker is over there – be ahead of the game and enter to get your hands on the prize! This giveaway has only one more week to run so don’t miss out on this great chance to win.
- Chance to win a Sky High Giant Trampoline – Closes this Sunday so get on it if you’d like a chance to win!
What’s on your Love List this week? Are you a fan of snowy weather?