I have to admit that I am usually pretty useless at posting in response to these! I am so grateful when other bloggers think of me, but I always seem to forget to write a post in response. However I thought that since it has been a while, and as these awards are both about posting 7 things about yourself, I would join in!
1. I’ve been dying my hair since I was 12. I started with those mousse hair colours – mahogany colour of course! Since then I’ve tried henna, I’ve had blue streaks, red streaks, I’ve had blonde highlights, dark brown and of course – red!
2. I used to be into wicca and witchcraft – I had a phase when I was a teenager after watching The Craft. I even wore a pentacle. Actually a lot of the stuff I picked up then has stayed with me and is part of how I see the world now / my spiritual beliefs. Perhaps that’s why I enjoy making bone broth and soups – I feel like a witch with a cauldron!
3. I spoke at the European Parliament in Brussels when I was part of a citizens panel a few years ago. It was a bit of a life changing experience for me as before then I was petrified of public speaking.
4. Foods I don’t like include celeriac, raw celery (but I love it juiced, in smoothies and cooked) and seafood. I honestly think I will eat pretty much anything else.
5. When I was about 18 I kissed a Newcastle United football player on a night out (but I won’t kiss and tell)
6. I’ve had my heart broken in a big way, twice.
7. I was a very fussy eater growing up, I would eat tinned vegetable soup, jacket potatoes covered in vitalite spread and sweets – that’s all I can remember eating for about 3 years when I was 9 years old. Now I don’t know of many people who will eat as much as I do (see point 4!) My Nana used to try and trick me into eating proper butter instead of spread but I could always tell the difference. Seems my Nana was on to something – butter is so much better than processed spreads!
I’d like to nominate:
Georgia at The Pescetarian Pantry
Chrissy Grace at Good Phat
Catherine at Running in my Wellies
Laura at Nourish Move Live
Claire at Flake and Cake
Rose at Rosie Glow Wellness
Hayley at Ohmygodisthatfromtiffany
Tell me something random about you!
P.S don’t forget to check out my Zalando giveaway for the chance to win a £50 voucher!