Happy Easter Sunday! Hope you are all having a great day so far and don’t have too much of a chocolate coma. I do love the long Easter weekend and James and I have been trying to make the most of it. Yesterday we had a little trip to Newcastle and enjoyed breakfast out. I had the most delicious sourdough toast with scrambled eggs and a decaf latte from Olive and Bean.
Of course I have also had some Easter chocolate treats…
Whilst I have no desire for creme eggs, I do love some Mini Eggs and these have been my treat this weekend! Also eaten and enjoyed this week…
strawberries (obsessed!), yogurt and almond butter
a rice bread wrap with tahini and apple
creamy porridge with strawberries and almond butter
salmon with pesto, new potatoes, broccoli and butter
red pepper, tahini, raw crackers
red kidney beans cooked with peppers, red onion and jalapeños on a rice bread wrap with spinach and avocado
Many many green smoothies too of course but more on that tomorrow!
Workouts this week
- Monday – gym – 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, squats, chest press with straight back, shoulder presses
- Tuesday – Kristin McGee Power Yoga app
- Wednesday – gym – 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, lunges, bicep curls, tricep kick backs
- Thursday – Rest
- Friday – Rest
- Saturday – Rest (although walking around the shops which is beginning to count as blimmen exercise for me these days!)
- Sunday – did my own yoga routine for 30 minutes this morning
I feel like I’m finding a nice groove with workouts now. Of course they are way less than what I was doing before I was pregnant, but they are keeping me healthy and active.
leather jacket: Warehouse, denim skirt: New Look, statement necklace: H&M, maxi skirt: Primark, white vest: H&M, converse trainers
Now that the weather is getting better I’ve been enjoying wearing maxi skirts. My old ones fit fine and I just wear some thin leggings underneath to make them more comfortable and keep me a little warmer. I do wish you could see that necklace I’m wearing in the pic a little better, loving the big jewelled statement necklaces again! I picked up a couple of bits and pieces in town yesterday including more longer length vest tops as I’ve been wearing them non stop. I also grabbed a plain black maxi dress (in a size bigger for the bump) and some gold sandals from Primark that I’m looking forward to wearing soon.
I received this lovely parcel in the post packed with gluten and diary free goodies from Woman and Home Eating Smart magazine. I’ve been addicted to the Chot Shot sauce and pesto! Also…
pretty sure I’m feeling the baby move now! // strawberries and watermelon // having a really good catch up with my friends and work colleagues // planning our trip to Brighton in two weeks time // still using my home made ice cream maker // a few exciting little things happening business and blog wise // getting an advance copy of Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar for life before I interview her soon, the recipes are amazing! // home made raw chocolate
- The 12 Weeks to Feeling Fab course has 25% off until the end of Bank Holiday Monday. It’s the last time I’ll be running the course this year, so if you’d like to join in now is the time. The testimonials and feedback on this has been great, one participant even lost 22lbs! Take a look and sign up here.
- I had a new article published on The Huffington Post – What your diet and exercise plan is missing
- The Green Smoothie Challenge Round Up Week 1
- Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
- Keeping motivated, my tips and tricks
- 16 Weeks Pregnant – Pregnancy Book Reviews
- Dairy Free Tahini Pomegranate Cake from Domestic Sluttery – I need to make a slightly healthier version of this!
- Sugar Free Coconutty Granola – I made some of this yesterday, yum!
Ahh so I am definitely ready to chill out for the rest of the Easter weekend now, with a bit of work thrown in I think. Last week did get a bit stressful when our broadband went down, honestly how did we cope before the internet? It got sorted pretty quick thankfully. This afternoon we are off to my parents for Easter Lunch which will be lovely. It’s quite an amazing thought that this time next year we’ll have a 6 month old baby with us!
How are you spending the rest of the Easter break? Do you still get Easter eggs, and what’s your favourite kind?