Hi everyone, hope the weekend has been treating you well! It’s been a great weekend for me so far as I’ve got really stuck in with sorting a few things out round the flat and some cooking. Last weekend I made this chocolate cashew milk which was amazing! I just soaked 1 cup of cashews for a few hours then drained and rinsed them and blended with 3 cups of water, cacao powder, 3 dates and a pinch of salt. As my blender did such a great job I didn’t need to strain it. Raw creamy heaven!
Some of my fave eats this week…
Smoothie with kale, blueberries, chia seeds and coconut milk topped with tahini, raisins and cacao nibs
Breakfast bowl with banana, peach, almond butter, yoghurt, chia seeds and honey
Fresh green juice with celery, cucumber and lime
Oven baked sweet potatoes with two organic fried eggs
Smoothie in a mug with spinach, banana, blueberries, coconut milk and chia seeds
M&S Nutty Super Wholefood Salad
Sweet potato and spinach hash topped with fried egg
Yummy raw chocolate!
On Tuesday I was feeling crap so decided to cheer myself up with a visit to the new drive thru Starbucks for a light frappe. It was gorgeous, and a better choice than going for chocolate and biscuits when I was feeling a bit low!
Workouts this week:
- Monday – Gym: 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, strength exercises and pilates moves
- Tuesday – Rest
- Wednesday – Gym: 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, strength exercises and pilates moves
- Thursday – Rest
- Friday – Gym: 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, strength exercises and pilates moves
- Saturday + Sunday: 10 minutes of yoga first thing each morning
This week it has been more of a struggle to fit exercise in because I’ve been so busy, but I don’t feel bad about it when it’s just been one of those weeks. I realised on Friday how much I’d missed my yoga so I’ve done just a few minutes each morning this weekend for a stretch.
Denim jacket: Primark, black midi dress: H&M, leopard print leggings: Fenwick, gold sandals: Primark, necklace: Accessorize
With it being so warm I feel much more comfortable in leggings than maternity jeans! I bought this dress a little while ago and it’s so comfortable, just shows you don’t have to purchase maternity wear exclusively while your pregnant, every there is from the normal range, just in a size or two up.
Yesterday I started painting my new kitchen shelving! These are just plain wooden shoe racks that I’m going to stand on the kitchen counters to give us extra space, and provide a nice place to display some of my quirky kitchen ware. I have some existing shoe rack shelves but they are smaller than this, and in an attempt to maximise space we are going upwards! I’ve also got a load of new things to add to the kitchen and by the end of the weekend it should be looking refreshed Also…
my new camera bag // goodies from dot.com gift shop // the new First Aid Kit album // connecting with 3 new fantastic ladies around business coaching // loads of big kicks from the bambino // buying a gorgeous stripy baby grow for him // sorting this stuff out into boxes // warm bubble baths
- When healthy isn’t healthy…for you
- A day in the life #3
- My recipe for low carb and calorie courgette pizza crust!
- My confidence kit and not sweating it with Mitchum
- Something for the weekend – the Sunday Cook Up
- Seven secrets of making money online from RocknRoll Bride
- Why big dreams aren’t necessarily better dreams from Marie Forleo
- Why choose organic skin care for your children via Green People – I’ve already got a few of their products put away so that was a good reminder
- 23 beautiful smoothie bowls via Buzzfeed
- Being a new mom from Holly at Decor8 – I love how Holly shares these more personal posts in amongst her design stuff. I shed a few tears reading this, a good few things I can relate to.
- Beards and babies via Into The Gloss – cause obviously I love beards and babies ;-)
There has certainly been lots to love this week but it didn’t start off so great. I’ll talk more about that next week maybe, but I definitely had some big stuff thrown at me and felt a down about a few things, thus is life. I know I’m always really open about stuff here on the blog and I think that’s important, god knows life isn’t perfect for any of us! I also had some major baby brain mess ups (well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it) which included shouting down the phone at someone making a complaint only to realise I was the one who had made the mistake, major doh moment. Luckily I tend to bounce back from blips like that pretty quickly. Frappes, cuddles from James and just spending some time to get my head around things all helps.
How do you bounce back after a blip or a rough patch?