Today (or around about now as some of my first posts have gone missing when I moved from Blogger to WordPress) the blog is 4 years old! I can not believe I’ve been blogging for 4 years. It’s quite scary that 4 years of my life has been shared and documented on the internet. When I first started writing KHGS it was just a place for me to talk about what I was eating to help me maintain my weight loss. 4 years on and it’s grown into something I could have never, ever dreamed of. It’s quite literally changed my life. As with everything, there is always a less great aspect to it, but I can honestly say that overall blogging has had a huge positive impact on my life. I’ve also met some amazing women, Tamzin, Maria, Jessica, Nicky, Christina, Emma, Lucie, Lara, Grace, Dannii and Philippa to name only a few.
I’ve shared all my ups and downs with you, and here are a few of my favourite posts:
- Changes – when I first talked about my amenorrhea
- Another honest blog post – when I decided to stop running
- Imperfect Me – when I packed in being a vegan / vegetarian
- I was born this way – starting to accept my body
- Your Body, Your Rules – more of the same!
- Thoughts on one year in business and income from blogging
- My weight loss story and weight loss tips
- Healthy weight gain
- How to have a healthy relationship with the scales
- Favourite ingredients and healthy eating on a budget
- Healthy eating on a student budget
- My experience with acupuncture
- How to improve your mood with food
On a Budget
- All my posts here, and there’s a good few of them!
- My tips for style on the cheap
- Charity shop and vintage bargains
- How to buy pre loved clothing and accessories
- Launching Uniquely Healthy!
- Bringing Uniquely Healthy and the blog together and launching my first e book The Super Conscious Living Programme
- Completing the Great North Run in 2010 and again in 2011
- Being featured in Healthy Magazine
- Meeting Gok Wan!
- Being in the Top 10 UK Health Blogs
- Being featured on Grazia Daily
- Everything on my Press + PR page!
- When food is everything – just one of the touching testimonials from a coaching client
- Green smoothie challenge with 8 recipes
- Baked Berry Oatmeal
- Thai Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup
- Winter Superfood Salad
- Fig, Goats Cheese and Walnut Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Korma
- Taco Turkey Chilli
- Raw Millionaires Shortbread
- Raw Chai Spiced Cheesecake with Pistachio and Walnut Crust
- Coconut and Maca Snack Balls
In reflecting on my time blogging I’ve seen some big differences in the whole healthy living world. 4 years ago you would have struggled to find almond milk in a health food shop. The fact that you can find it at most supermarkets now is just one sign that people are becoming more open to healthy food and alternatives to the norm. It’s also great to see so many thriving businesses in the healthy living arena too. The changes in myself have been massive as well – not just physically but mentally. I know that some of you have been with me since the start, and others have read back through my archives so you will know what I mean. At times I have thought about deleting some past posts because I am ashamed of how stupid I was to under eat and over exercise. But those are the experiences that make me, me. As I’ve said a few times before, I don’t regret going though that, because the Laura that has come though the other side is way stronger than the Laura that started this blog.
So a huge, heart felt thank you to every single one of you that reads, especially those of you that comment or email me. I hope that you will all join me for the next chapter of KHGS and my life!
If you have a blog, how long have you been blogging? What is your proudest blogging moment?