Morning everyone, hope you are enjoying your Sunday! I’ve had a pretty good week, on Friday night James and I went to the Boiler Shop Steamer pop up event again, it’s turning in to a little monthly date night for us. We enjoyed some blues music and food of course…
This pizza was amazing! I’m certainly not a fan of frozen or takeaway pizza, but proper thin crust clay oven baked pizza is one of my favourite treats. This had mozzarella, basil and ham (on one side). So good. I also couldn’t resist the churros:
I’ve always wanted to try them, but unfortunately these were just ok. Far too greasy for me, although the chocolate sauce was amazing!
On Tuesday I made some of my grain free 3 ingredient pancakes for dinner:
I had them with avocado, honey and sea salt. It was lovely to hear of a few readers who made them too! That recipe is definitely going to be one I use again and again.
Other highlights from the week include…
I’ve been making these blended coffee mocha drinks with Dandy Blend, cocoa powder, a little butter, a little coconut oil, 1 tbsp of hydrolysed collagen and some stevia. Butter, coconut oil and the collagen are real pregnancy super foods and this is a delicious way to get them. More on this mocha in a future pregnancy post!
Yesterday morning I made some custardy oats with an egg whipped in (method and recipe for this coming!) topped with baby figs, tahini, honey and a little sea salt.
For a quick and easy week night dinner I had a baked sweet potato with butter, some tinned salmon and red onion and spinach. It was really really good. I’m trying to get in the oily fish however I can stomach it so after this I’ve went and bought loads of tins of salmon!
Another week night dinner was my cottage pie with cauli mash served with spring greens. Comfort food at its best.
For a sweet snack I made some home made froyo by blending a tub of 2% Total Greek yoghurt with frozen blueberries and a splash of almond milk. A little granola made a lovely topping.
I also decided to start getting organic veg boxes again:
I probably can’t afford to get them that often, but it is nice to feel that me and the baby are getting some organic veggie goodness when we can.
Workouts this week:
- Monday – 30 minutes pre natal balanced flow from Yoga Glo
- Tuesday – Rest
- Wednesday – 30 minutes Kristen McGee pre natal power yoga using her app
- Thursday – Davina Pre Natal DVD
- Friday – Rest
- Saturday – 30 minutes Kristen McGee pre natal power yoga using her app
- Sunday – Spin class
Such a better workout week! I tried the Davina DVD which my cousin has loaned to me. It was good, but I hardly broke a sweat. I think it will be better in the third trimester. I have been enjoying the Kristen McGee app though, the workout is just challenging enough for me right now. I would have liked to fit in some swimming but haven’t had time, I need to figure out a regular slot in my week!
Cardigan: TKMaxx, tea cup necklace: shop in Brighton, dress: New Look, leggings: Tu at Sainsbury’s, boots: Primark
Every time I try something on and it still fits I get rather excited! Although it’s pretty much just dresses right now. Last weekend I finally got round to mending a hole in a vintage dress I bought months ago, I was super chuffed when I put it on as the way it is cut can definitely accommodate a pretty big baby bump!
I was so chuffed when I received this gift to review from Neom. It’s specifically for new and soon to be Mums and includes a body oil, bath oil and candle. I am now totally hooked on Neom candles, the scent is amazing! Plus everything is natural and organic. I had a really relaxing bath using the products, it was wonderful. Also…
We had a meeting with a financial advisor with the aim of getting a mortgage and moving! With me soon to be self employed we are unsure of the outcome, but just taking action towards making our future happen is a good feeling // on Thursday I had a crazily productive day which given my recent performance was a nice change! // getting my hair cut, and the head and neck massage that accompanied it // raw chocolate // finding bargains on eBay
- The March Uniquely Healthy Newsletter is out – take a look for some spring clean your life tips, a cleansing and nourishing green smoothie recipe and lots more!
- 10 weeks pregnant – my update on the first trimester so far
- A review of Kaeng Raeng – a different kind of cleanse
- Get Speedo Fit with the new Speedo app
- My 3 ingredient grain free crepe style pancakes recipe!
- Some great discussion on my Facebook page about the sugar stuff that’s been in the news this week, blog post coming next week!
- 8 skills you need when you run your own business from Rock n Roll Bride
- Lovely post from Pip at Cherries and Chisme about a different way to approach Lent.
- 44 stock photos that hope to change the way we look at women from Buzz Feed. There’s one particular image that when I saw it, it took my breath away as it just seemed to encapsulate everything I want for my future.
How has your week been? Have you ever had a food you were really looking forward to that just ended up tasting meh?