Happy Sunday! I am now officially on my holidays in Brighton, woo hoo! It’s been a lovely week, but I really feel like I need this break. James and I have a great week planned down here, we will certainly be making the most of it as it’s likely to be our last baby free holiday in a very long time :-)
Pictured above is one of the best salads I’ve ever had. I made it for lunch last week with a whole bunch of Mexican inspired ingredients and it was just heaven in a bowl. After forgetting to take the salmon out of the freezer for dinner on Monday, the meal plan I’d made at the weekend went out of the window, but I’ve still eaten well…
tuna salad with olives and sundries tomatoes with balsamic vinegar as a dressing
sweet potato, courgette and kale hash topped with a fried egg
black bean chilli with steamed broccoli and avocado
low carb wrap (found in TK Maxx ages ago) with turkey, hummus and spinach
mixed berry, coconut milk and greek yoghurt smoothie – was making some ice pops and this was left over!
Overnight oats with yoghurt, chia seeds and strawberries to take with me into the office
green smoothie with spinach, avocado, lime juice, grass fed vanilla whey protein powder, almond milk
creamy oats with coconut milk and blackberries
I’ve been snacking away on pistachio nuts, raw chocolate, apples and almond butter on toast as well!
Workouts this week:
- Monday – Gym – 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, squats, upper back reverse flyes, tricep overhead extensions (performed while sitting down for balance!)
- Tuesday – Rest
- Wednesday – Gym – 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, lunges, seated chest press, seated shoulder press
- Thursday – Rest
- Friday – Gym 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, squats, tricep overhead extensions, bicep curls // later in the day did some yoga stretching
- Saturday – Rest – driving down to our friends in Cambridge
- Sunday – I think we’ll be doing a lot of walking in Brighton!
It’s been a great week in the gym! I did want to get some more yoga in, but different stuff cropped up that got in the way although I did enjoy the little I did on Friday evening.
I haven’t been any where that special this week and while I’ve been working from home I’ve been slobbing it in my yoga pants! However I do have a little list of things I’d like to look for while I’m on holiday like more loose vests, maxi dresses (although I’m not sure I can get away with full length stripes!) and maybe a floral top like that. Those are all from H&M. I’m trying not to buy too much maternity wear, but at the same time how I look, or how I feel I look, has a big impact on how I feel day to day and even how productive I am, so I feel its worth getting a few things that make me feel good about myself and my pregnant body. I’m also on the look out for any loose fitting vintage tops or vintage scarfs I can find. Love vintage shopping!
Erm speaking of shopping I did get myself a little treat from Oliver Bonas! I mentioned in last weeks links that I’d discovered their site and they had a great sale section. I ordered a stripy dress to put away for after the baby’s born (it was just £10), some Mama Mio treats, Love Bake Nourish which I’ve been after for ages and a green recycled leather iPad case I plan to use as a clutch bag! Also…
being in Brighton! // giving the flat a good clean // smell of freshly cut grass // scented candles // another funded community project coming through, woop! // tiny little baby kicks // Ashes to Ashes on Netflix // interviewing Sarah Wilson! // sunshine on Tuesday and Friday // this absolutely lovely post on Stripes and Snapshots about how I’m her fave blog, made my day! // getting a great offer with my organic veg man, 10% off everything for 12 months!
- My newsletter is out, get two tasty healthy treat recipes and a whole bunch more!
- April Reviews
- A day in the life
- My little garden makeover with the Outspiration app
- My May Monthly Pledge: Find a groove
- 18 Weeks Pregnant: Fave meals and comeback foods
- Caitlin’s post about falling off the wagon and committing to getting back on it
- Why the pill can’t protect you from cancer from Nat Kringoudis
- Calling girls fat will lead to them becoming obese: interesting study reported on My Daily
- The new gluten free flour on the block: Coffee Flour! You heard it hear first people, via The Kitchn
- I really enjoyed this run down on sponsored posts and blogging from A Beautiful Mess
I am so super excited for this coming week on our hols! We have tickets for the Great Escape Festival that starts at the end of the week, including extra tickets to see Kelis which will be awesome. We stay with my aunt and uncle so it’s going to be great seeing them too. I’ll still be blogging and whatnot as usual, follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram! Bring on the fish and chips ;-)
How has your week been? Where was the last place you went on holiday? Do you prefer to go abroad or stay closer to home?