Yesterday James and I had a bit of a date ‘day’. Seeing as I’m usually in bed by 9, date nights have become quite rare ;-) We headed to town to see X-Men at the cinema (which was tremendous,♥ James McAvoy with facial fuzz ♥) and then since the market was on, picked up a bite to eat there. I had one of those spinach and goats cheese twists which was delicious but I couldn’t finish it! A little later I had a salted caramel brownie from Pet Lamb Patisserie, an amazing place in the Grainger Market in Newcastle:
Salted caramel enough said!
Last weekend I got some turnip and radishes in my organic veg box but had no idea what to make with them. I put a shout out on Facebook and Twitter and someone gave me the idea of making a slaw! I shredded those veggies along with some red onion and carrot then added yoghurt, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. It was delicious! I ate that with a couple of meals:
Home made organic beef burger with organic cheese and the slaw on a lettuce leaf wrap
Smokey bacon and spring onion frittata with slaw and salad
Other deliciousness from this week included…
Baked aubergine, tomatoes, peppers and courgette with lentils and feta
Salmon salad with tomato chilli chutney
Bacon and butternut hash with spinach topped with a fried egg
Green smoothie made with spinach, avocado, nectarine and half a scoop of vanilla grass fed whey protein topped with cacao nibs
Nectarines fried in coconut oil with Coyo coconut yoghurt and flaked almonds
Warm berries with organic yoghurt, chia seeds and hazelnut butter
Not pictured but very much enjoyed has been Green and Blacks 85% chocolate, spelt crackers with butter when I’ve had a little bit of nausea and these chocolate avocado ice lollies:
I shared the recipe for these in my email update, they are so good!
Workouts this week:
- Monday – Gym: 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, strength exercises and pilates moves
- Tuesday – 1 hour Nia dance with one of my community groups
- Wednesday – Gym: 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, strength exercises and pilates moves
- Thursday – about 30 minutes of yoga and pilates moves
- Friday – Gym: 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, strength exercises and pilates moves
- Saturday + Sunday: Rest
It’s been a great workout week, I’ve really enjoyed having a good gym routine back. The Nia dance class was really interesting as well, certainly something different! I found it to be almost a mix of Zumba and Tai Chi, you can read more about Nia Dance here.
Jewelled necklace: H&M, denim maternity dress: H&M, pink belt: Primark, black leggings: Primark
I bought this dress a couple of weeks ago and really love it as it’s so comfortable. I’ve also started experimenting with leaving my hair to dry so it goes naturally wavy. As it’s quite fine, it dries really quickly but I think I need to find something to de frizz it a little though!
On Wednesday I got the most lovely gift in the post from one of the ladies who has done my 12 week course. I just thought that was so kind and it really made my day. She knows who she is! Also…
Having the most vivid dream of my life // apple water kefir, my most delicious batch yet! // organic strawberries // First Aid Kit My Silver Lining // a mini natural beauty haul from Holland and Barrett as they had 25% off // Peanut Bounce Balls // more adorable baby boy clothing purchases // my Nephews 6th Birthday tea party
- How to make water kefir – my easy guide to making a very cheap pro biotic rich drink
- My recipe for a healthy fully loaded Mexican salad
- The best ways to use Pinterest for blogging, business and personal projects
- Online personal training with InShape
- 23 weeks pregnant – what I’m feeling and some updates
- Geting #snackhappy with California Almonds
- 17 easy juice recipes from Brit and Co
- 7 tricks to take your green smoothies to the next level from Mind, Body, Green
- The worst nutrition advice is history from Eat Local Grown
- Prize for blog post of the week goes to The Belle Jar: You’re suppose to gain weight while you’re pregnant. YES!
I’m really looking forward to another good week coming up, I just hope we get some more sunshine! Have you ever tried Nia Dance? Do you use a hair drier or let your hair dry naturally?