Hello everyone, and happy Sunday! I hope it is nice and sunny wherever you are and you’ve been having a good weekend, and a good week in general! This week has been lovely, if somewhat busy. On Wednesday I took half a day out to spend some time with my Mam and aunt from Brighton who is up north visiting. We had a great morning looking round the shops before I took them to experience the delights of my favourite cafe in Newcastle, Olive and Bean. I am now totally hooked on that lemonade! I also had a fabulous salad:
This was hummus with olives and sundried tomatoes, utterly delicious! We treated ourselves to some tray bakes to take home and enjoyed them in the sun:
Anyone that’s local who has visited Olive and Bean must know how massive their tray bake slices are! We shared a couple of them, a cheese cake topped brownie and a peanut butter caramel white chocolate one. Yep they both tasted as good as they sound!
Other eats from this week have included…
Smoothie with lots of mixed fruits leftover from a fruit salad, avocado and plain whey protein
Green smoothie with spinach, persimmon, avocado, almond milk and topped with tahini, cacao nibs and coconut
Quinoa rye bread topped with peanut butter and strawberries
Quinoa rye bread topped with two organic fried eggs and avocado
Salmon topped with home made garlic and parsley butter, new potatoes and broccoli
Griddled aubergine and courgettes topped with lemon, chilli and mint feta
Courgette and cucumber ribbons mixed with harissa paste and topped with feta
Continuing with my California almonds 21 day #snackhappy challenge, this time with raisins
Strawberries with full fat organic yoghurt and coconut nectar
I had a huge craving for a cheese savoury sandwich so I just had to have one from M&S on Friday night. It was so good!
Workouts this week:
- Monday – Gym, 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, strength training using machines, pilates pelvic exercises
- Tuesday – Rest
- Wednesday – Gym, 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, squats, seated chest presses, overhead extensions, pilates pelvic exercises
- Thursday – Rest
- Friday – Gym, 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, squats, shoulder presses, bicep curls, pilates pelvic exercises
- Saturday – Rest
- Sunday – long walk to the shops
Another week of being a gym bunny! Getting to the gym first thing on those mornings really works for me so I’m more than happy to go with it but I need to get more yoga in!
Necklace: Topshop, stripy top: George at Asda, maternity leggings: New Look, tan leather sandals: New Look, denim shirt over bag: M&S Autograph via charity shop
I’ve been having a bit of a cheeky shop this week I bought that top for just £6 and another big stripy top from £3 from Asda (I’d only went in to buy a shower curtain!) I also got some more maternity leggings since all I want to do is live in them right now. On Friday night James and I had a quick trip to Ikea and the Metro Centre and I found a pretty Topshop maternity dress too.
I am just totally loving experimenting with natural beauty products at the moment and since Holland and Barrett have re fitted their stores in Newcastle, Gateshead and Durham they are helping me get my fix! I’m never going to be 100% all natural products, as I said in my post for Mitchum, there’s some products where conventional just seems to do the job, however I only use them about 20% of the time like a heavy duty deodorant on some days, red lipstick (I love MAC for that) and liquid eyeliner. I also treated myself to some products from Herbfarmacy after I read Rosie from A Rosie Outlook’s review of them.
Can’t wait to try these! Also…
Officially getting my contract from the publisher to start work on my recipes, can’t share the details, other than it’s not ‘my’ book as their are several authors contributing to it, but still super excited to see my name and recipes in print next year! // our trip to Ikea / coffee date / shopping adventure on Friday night // making my kitchen look oh so pretty // starting to get the bathroom sorted // my midwife appointment – both me and baby are doing very well, spot on blood pressure, uterus size and baby heart beat // frappes // family time
- How to stick to healthy living goals when eating out
- Recipe for gluten free nutella muffins (so making these again this weekend!)
- On being your own version of success – thanks so much for the comments on this post!
- Join the health revolution with myWellBoxie – show these guys some support for their wellfundr project!
- 25 Weeks Pregnant: updates, exercises and recommendations
- 10 tips for beautiful summer skin from Simply Supplements
- Appearing in SoukSouk magazine as blogger of the month!
- 5 ways to stay fit and healthy at a festival via Get the Gloss
- Mama Glow recently discovered this site and love it
- 34 high protein smoothie recipes via Greatist
Next week should be pretty fab too I hope, fingers crossed the nice weather continues! How has your week been? Have you ever tried rose lemonade? What’s your favourite drink right now?