Happy Sunday, I hope you lovely lot have all had a good week! Mine has been a good one, starting with a delivery of more natural and organic skin and make up goodies from Green People. The lipstick is a real fave, I’ll do a little review of them all later in the month.
I’ve been snacking a little more this week, my appetite is really up a notch! Of course green smoothies for the #KHGSgreensmoothiechal have been featuring a lot, but more on them tomorrow. Here’s some highlights…
strawberries, full fat greek yoghurt, peanut butter, rice syrup
creamy porridge with strawberries and almond butter
coconut flour bake with apple and tahini
gluten free toast, avocado, fried egg
quinoa, lentil, beetroot and feta salad
chickpea, aubergine and cauliflower korma
harrissa chickpeas with courgettes, broccoli and tahini sauce
Each night I’ve really fancied something a little chocolately so I’ve been making a little mini cup of chocolate pudding by mixing a scoop of chocolate sun warrior protein powder with a bit of cocoa powder, water and stevia, yum!
I’ve also loved the raw crackers I bought when I was in London last week, I need more of these!
Last but not least I got an ice cream maker! I bought this one which had excellent reviews and is reasonably priced and it is awesome. I started by making some cherry almond frozen yoghurt:
Yesterday I made some raspberry chocolate ripple frozen yoghurt. Absolutely amazing, I am going to be addicted to using this machine!
Workouts this week:
- Monday – Gym 10 minutes cross trainer, 10 minutes step machine, squats with bar bell, sitting chest press and shoulder presses
- Tuesday – Prenatal yoga from YogaGlo
- Wednesday – Prenatal power yoga flow from Kristin McGee app
- Thursday – Rest
- Friday – Gym 10 minutes step machine, 10 minutes bike, lunges, tricep kickbacks and bicep curls
- Saturday + Sunday – Rest
Not a bad week really, workouts have been short and sweet so not much more than 30 minutes. I’m just happy to be keeping active!
Biker jacket: Warehouse, scarf: H&M, white long shirt: Primark, skinny maternity jeans: Primark, cream flats: Next
I love this outfit! It’s the best I’ve felt I’ve looked in a while. Last week I popped to the shops with James and as I’ve been saying I found a load of maternity stuff from Primark. As well as the skinny maternity jeans (just £7!) I got that white shirt from the regular range in a size up and I just love it. Worn with a nice bright scarf and I think it made a really nice outfit.
Alongside clothes shopping I treated our flat to a few things! I know we have it up for sale, but I still want the place to look great while we are here. I got the gorgeous LOVE cushion and jewelled photo frame from TK Maxx and the brightly coloured floral cushion from BHS. I’ve also picked up some new bedding, all of which have been decent bargains. Also…
First Starbucks frappe of the year (I checked the caffeine content and they aren’t too bad) // healthy pick n mix from Holland and Barrett // that ice cream maker! // our Natal Hypnotherapy course and James being just amazing in working with me on the techniques (more to come in a pregnancy update) // making some big big plans for the future of the blog + business // getting stuck into some new photoshop techniques // great feedback from my 12 Weeks to Feeling Fabulous Course // everyone doing the #KHGSgreensmoothiechal and the pics of delicious green smoothies!
- The KHGS Green Smoothie Challenge! Don’t forget it’s not too late to join in, and big thanks to everyone that’s been having a go so far!
- How to eat more vegetables and fruit, 10 ways to 10 a day
- Where I am now (another wordy post)
- Recipe for lamb burgers with minted feta and sweet potato wedges
- 15 weeks pregnant: updates and a wish list
- Gluten free afternoon tea at Pantry 108 in London
- How to have a healthy start to pregnancy when all you want to eat is crap – my post over at The High Tea Cast
- My Three Favourite Foodie Blogs from the gorgeous Tam at Salad and Sequins
- Why calories don’t matter from Dr Mark Hyman
- Rich vegan cacao smoothie – this sounds right up my street!
- Why your don’t have to be the best to be successful – my philosophy entirely, success means different things to different people
How has your week been? Have tried an ice cream maker or would you like one? What was the last thing you bought for your home?
P.S – Good luck to anyone running in the London Marathon today!