I’m still all about the quick and easy recipes right now. Somehow, even though Finley is now in nursery a couple of days I feel like I have less time! However, I’m doing my best to ensure that doesn’t mean I, or the rest of the family, have to eat poorly. Every two weeks I get a lovely organic veg box from Riverford and I enjoy creating random meals with it’s contents.
Recently it’s almost always contained tomatoes which I really don’t like raw. I created this really easy but delicious soup to use them up.
It’s as easy as popping a tray of veg in the oven, blending them up with stock and stirring through half a pack of cooked quinoa. It’s so delicious too!
- 2 packs of fresh tomatoes (approximately 12 tomatoes)
- 3-4 onions
- 1 head of garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1-2 cups of chicken or vegetable soup
- 1 packet of pre cooked quinoa (or 1 cup of quinoa you've cooked yourself)
- 1. Pre heat the oven to 180c.
- 2. Chop the tomatoes in half and the onions into quarters and place in a roasting tray
- 3. Take the cloves of garlic, skin on, and add to the tray along with the oil
- 4. Toss everything together and roast for 45mins - 1 hour until everything is lightly browned, soft and syrupy
- 5. Push the roasted garlic out of the skin covered cloves and disgard the skin
- 6. Add all the veg to a blender along with the stock (use as much as you need to get your desired consistency)
- 7. Mix in the cooked quinoa and serve
- The soup can also be poured into plastic bags and frozen for a later date.
Naturally I topped mine with avocado, so good!
Have you ever had a soup containing grains? How often do you make your own soup?