It has been the most glorious weekend! The weather yesterday was beautiful, I enjoyed being barefoot on the grass in my parents back garden, I love being barefoot outside! It’s been such an indulgent week for me, to be honest I am done with sugar and treats for a while now. As well as an amazing dark chocolate Easter egg I had a brownie during the week, hot cross buns, mini eggs and then some of these deletable delights…
My raspberry and almond polenta cake from Grains as Mains
Jamie Olivers gluten free carrot cake with cream cheese icing and added sprinkles – carrot cake is James favourite and this was insanely good!
Chicken Shawarma wrap from the Boiler Shop Steamer (this was divine!)
Beautiful flat white from Pink Lane Coffee
Fried eggs with avocado and apple
Choc Cherry Smoothie
Avocado toast at my parents yesterday morning
Salad with veggies, avocado, hummus dressing and chilli seeds
New Potato, feta and red onion crustless quiche with spinach
Sweet chilli salmon stir fry
On Saturday afternoon my parents watched Finley and James and I popped out for a little date to Newcastle. We had a quick look around the shops, got coffee and headed to the Boiler Shop Steamer pop up food and music event. After filling our tummies we went for a walk down to the Quayside and back to where we had parked the car then got back to my parents early so we could chill, it was fab!
- Monday – 10 minute kettle bell routine
- Tuesday – 10 minute yoga routine
- Wednesday – Rest
- Thursday – 15 minute run
- Friday – Rest
- Saturday – 1 hour walk around Newcastle
- Sunday – brief run around Saltwell Park with James
So I’ve been running! Not very far, and pretty slow, but it’s a start and I’m happy with that! I loved having a very brief run around the lake and gardens at Saltwell Park yesterday morning, it was so quiet and beautiful. On Monday I needed to be sorted and out of the house for a meeting so instead of the gym, or doing nothing, I did a quick 10 minute kettle bell routine which was great!
Floral kimono jacket: Oasis // necklace: H&M // stripy top: Zara
I totally forgot to get a decent full length pic of what I wore over the weekend, but heres a snap shot. Loving the nice spring weather and being able to wear my kimono jackets again!
I vlogged! I haven’t vlogged in forever, but I was inspired to do so by my friend Emma from The Freelance Lifestyle, and now that I know how to vlog the lazy way (i.e. using Google Hangout) I think I’ll do it more often! I really enjoyed recording this video where I chat about self talk, some of the ‘stories’ we get stuck in and how these effect our health and wellbeing. I’ll be vlogging once a week in April so subscribe to me on You Tube for more random ramblings. Also…
Going to baby cafe // figuring out how to use the Ergo carrier for Finley properly // Finley getting some lovely Easter gifts // James Dad’s new German Shepard puppy Koshi // siting outside in the sun in what feels like the first time in forever // making some great progress with projects // my final session with one of my community groups and getting some wonderful feedback // new bedding
- March Edit – my fave stuff from March!
- Video from M&S about their support for Breakthrough Breast Cancer and an amazing scientist
- March round up, April goals and push up challenge!
- A Dad’s Survival Guide + Finley at 7 months
- This great article from Greatist about the journey of Taryn Brumfitt and how she set up the Body Image Movement (which looks amazing!) I could have written something similar about her journey from fitness competitor to a more regular looking (but still awesome) body
- 10 Easy Tips to Live By via Jamie Oliver
- How to use afformations to change your life via Levo League
- How stress effects the body via Heartmath – some scary facts about stress
- What the worlds top experts eat for breakfast via Greatist
So as I said I am over the treats now. Pass the green smoothies and salads please. Honestly I feel like crap, these last few days have been a reminder of how much sugar and caffeine my body can take at the moment. As much as I’m not feeling my best, I don’t feel guilty and I’m pleased that my bodies balance system is kicking in as it should. I love that my body tells me when enough is enough, something it didn’t used to be able to do when that kind of eating was common place.
Have you had a good Easter weekend? What did you get up to? What is your favourite Easter indulgence?