Matcha Overnight Oats
Want improved energy levels and mood? Who doesn’t right? Especially at this time of year you can find your energy levels totally tank.
Well Pure Chimp are challenging people to try including matcha green tea everyday for 14 days to see if they feel the benefits of this powdered super powerful green tea and are even offering a refund if you don’t feel the positive effects!
I’ve been a fan of matcha for a few years I love the taste of green tea and the list of benefits is pretty impressive and can include:
- Increase your energy levels
- Enhance your mood
- Lower your Cholesterol
- Boost your metabolism
- Reduce occurrences of anxiety
- Boost your memory & concentration
- Improve your skin from within
As a coffee lover, matcha is a nice alternative when I want a bit of an energy lift but don’t want to feel super jittery.
As well as drinking matcha as a tea, it can be added to lots of different recipes to enjoy that fresh green tea taste. Check out my previous matcha recipes:
Today though I thought I’d make a delicious and really simple matcha overnight oats. Porridge is great of course, but if you’re in a rush in the morning overnight oats which you prepare the evening before, can be very useful to grab and go. You can still warm them up in the microwave if you need something warm!
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of porridge oats
- 1 cup / 250ml of milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp of matcha green tea powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients together (shaking them up in a jar with a lid on works well!) and leave to thicken overnight.
- Try adding fruit like blueberries or banana!
Have you tried matcha green tea before? Are you a fan? What’s your favourite way of enjoying it?
*post in collaboration with Pure Chimp Matcha