Day in the Life #7


Day in the Life #7


Gyming it

It’s been ages since I wrote my last Day in the Life post, I quite enjoyed reading that one back as things are so much better with Finley’s feeding and sleeping now. This DITL is from last Monday which was a horrible dull and rainy day, but still very packed out and busy for me. I technically started the day at just after midnight when Finley woke for a feed, and then again at 4am and again at 5.30am when he decided he didn’t want to go back to sleep! James took him for a while and changed his nappy while I got myself out of bed at around 6.30.

IMG 6880

I always start my days with warm water with some spices and honey which I feel really sets me up for the day. I made that and prepared Finley’s breakfast which was some apple puree. 

IMG 6882

He’s really getting the hang of feeding himself! I also made myself a coffee blended with coconut oil.

IMG 6883

After that we got Finley dressed, I nursed him and then we set off on the walk to nursery! I’m so chuffed that it’s within easy walking distance as Finley loves being in the wrap.

IMG 6887

I dropped him off about 7.40, made sure he was settled in and then briskly walked to the gym where I did 10 minutes on the step machine followed by some weights and core exercises.

IMG 6891

I have to say, I really don’t mind my body that much at all right now, I don’t feel too bad considering I had a baby 6 months ago! I walked home from the gym, jumped in the shower and made myself a smoothie.

IMG 6896

This was spinach, blueberries, peanut butter protein powder, coconut water, moringa powder and maca. I was at my desk for 9am sorting through emails and stuff then at about 9.30 I expressed my milk off. At 10am it was Skype time with Kezia!

Screenshot 16 03 2015 10 42

We chatted for ages and then recorded the Happy Health Chat podcast that went live last week. I was definitely in a random mood that morning! I love chatting to Kezia, such a great way to start the week!

IMG 6898

After that I had lunch, a slice of courgette, red onion and feta crustless quiche with spinach. I made another green tea (I drank about 2 cups in the morning, and while the kettle is boiling I do my squats for the squat challenge!) and made up a snack bowl of tamari roasted nuts and seeds, goji berries and cacao nibs which I snacked on for the rest of the afternoon, with one refill! I also expressed my milk off again then spend some time working on a blog post.

IMG 6901

At 2pm I expressed again, and then got ready for my community session. It’s a long 45 minute drive so I made myself a rooibos tea with almond milk to drink in the car and keep me warm!

IMG 6905

I got to my session for 3pm where I was working with 6 young women making smoothies. It was my first session with this group and a bit of an eye opener for me. They all have massive sugar cravings and found the smoothies weren’t sweet enough, but we talked though that and how they can transition to more natural sweet foods. The biggest success of the afternoon was a mango smoothie so thick it was like sorbet made with milk, yoghurt, banana, frozen mango and honey. 

IMG 6906

I drank about a glass worth of smoothies before packing up and going back on my way home. I popped to the shops to get some milk for James, then picked up Finley from nursery at just after 4.30. We got home, I popped some foil wrapped salmon in the oven, then we nursed, where he fell asleep on the boob. James got home at 5.30 and took Finley off me still asleep while I made dinner, a big ginger salmon stir fry.

IMG 6912

I reserved a little salmon to add to Finley’s lunch the next day. He’s not yet on evening meals, but in the next few days we’ll be adding that in and seeing how he goes. After dinner I cleaned up, got the bedroom ready for Finley’s bedtime and pulled out his clothes for the next day. At 6.30 we bathed him together, then James jumped in the bath while I took Finley into the bedroom, nursed him and then lay with him while his light projector was on, nursing him on and off until he fell asleep just after 7pm. 

IMG 6914

Then I made myself a bowl of semi frozen cherries with full fat yoghurt for a little dessert. I added some almond butter after I took the pic as I realised I really fancied some! Then I chilled out with James where we watched The Blacklist, I faffed online for a bit then got washed my face etc and joined Finley in bed just after 8.30. He stirred at 9pm so I nursed him and after that he didn’t wake again until after 12, then again at 4 and then at 6.30, so much better than the previous night!

And that was my day! Busy and jam packed but loving every minute. 

What time do you get up and what time do you go to bed? Do you get the chance to walk outdoors as part of your day?



Enjoy this? Get me in your inbox! >>>


Aligned Client Attraction System

Get my simple ‘pick n mix’ style system for how to attract, connect with and convert clients – all in a way that you enjoy and that feels aligned for you.


  1. Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy

    I love reading day in the life posts. They always show how normal people are :)
    My sleep routine is so erratic. With so much work on at the moment, I sleep when I can and stay up when I am feeling most productive.

  2. Anna @AnnaTheApple

    Sounds like a busy but interesting day. I think you should be bloody proud of your body – you look amazing!
    I get up at 5am in the week four days a week to go to the gym which I actually don’t mind. I’m used to it (though next week when the clock goes forward is going to be PAINFUL). I really can’t go any later to the gym in the morning because of work and though I could easily go after work I just never fancy it.
    I love having a walk at lunchtime. Often it’s just to the local Tesco or Costa but I just need that mini-bread from the office you know?

    • Laura Agar Wilson

      Aww thank you! Urgh don’t tell me about the clocks I’m dreading it!

  3. LilyLipstick

    Love these posts! On weekdays I wake up at 6.30am and aim to be in bed by 11pm but that doesn’t always work – I am getting more disciplined though as I feel so much more tired if I don’t get around 7 hours sleep! x

  4. Nicky

    Love these day in the life posts! You seem to cope with everything so well! I can imagine taking Fin to nursery has helped even though it’s hard leaving him too though. That picture is so cute of him feeding himself!! <3

    I think you should be SO proud of how your body looks so soon after pregnancy! Look at those shoulders!!! You look fab!

    I'm in a routine of going to bed at midnight (always been a night owl!) and waking up at about 8-8.30 everyday so lots of sleep for me haha :) I know it won't always be like that so I'm definitely making the most of it right now!

    • Laura Agar Wilson

      I have to admit I’m so lucky with my shoulders they’ve always looked pretty good. Oh yes make the most of every blissful night, I’d be in heaven with 8 hours!

  5. Maria @ runningcupcake

    I love reading these posts, and it is great that you can look back on your last one and see positive changes too.
    I get up at half 6, and then am meant to go to bed at around half 10, but in reality I am usually reading at 11 and sleep later than that. I get to go outside at work with the children, so although I don’t get a walk, I do get some fresh air.

    • Laura Agar Wilson

      I think even a little bit of fresh air can make a big difference :-)

  6. Lauren

    I love reading day in the life posts too! I might even do one myself soon as my days have been rather busy lately.
    I love that you start your day with spices and honey – must be so warming as well when it is chilly back home.
    That smoothie workshop you did just goes to show how much our tastebuds have changed over the years!

  7. Louise @louliveswell

    Great post, day in the life posts are sooooooooooo interesting! I’ve never done one of my own actually and feel inspired to do one now! I get up at 6am in the week and meditate straight away. Then I’ll usually do some yogaglo. I try and be in bed at 10pm and read but it depends how much study I do after work and what time I finish that!


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest